The Big Love Hug

>> Thursday, February 25, 2010

I think the world  can be divided into two types of people.   Those who hug and those who don’t hug.    I’m definitely in first category.   I really have had no say in the matter,  I’m almost certain it’s part of my genetics.   My family can hug in every way imaginable.   I thought I’d classify a few for you.

  • Side Hug  -  Also known as the one arm hug.   This is a quick one arm squeeze around each other’s shoulders
  • Big Love Hug – Full on Hug..There’s arms and hands and a big embrace.   If kids are involved there’s also a big opportunity for swinging around in a circle
  • Kiss & Hug -  This is two arm hug that has a kiss at the end.
  • Quickie Hug -  This is really quick almost no touching hug
  • Double Hug -  Hug, release, Repeat
  • Long Hug – Hug….keep hugging…keep hugging…now squeeze.   Mostly seen around grandmothers and great-aunts
  • Group Hug – More than two people involved.  You get the idea

Since my family has always hugged we sometimes forget what it must be like non-huggers.    My sister-in-law, Brandy tells me it’s quite a traumatic experience.  Over the years she’s come to know it's just part of the family.  
I love her like a sister, and must say that I enjoy “making” her hug me.  It’s kind of a joke between us.   I’ll walk up and spread my arms out for a Big Love Hug.   SHE LOVES IT!   Well, at the very least she tolerates it.   So where do you fall….are you a hugger or a non-hugger?     Let me know!

2 comments:

Amy Prikazsky February 25, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

I'm giving you a hug right now! Love you

Doug Gainey February 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Hello Pam,
I just wanted you to know that I read your blog entry and I am a big-time hugger... with my wife, my baby, and my mama. I have hit each one of the hug categories with them. I hug (side and quickie hugs only) a lot of old ladies at church too, but that's not always (translated 'never') by choice. :)

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP