To Wish You Were Someone Else Is To Waste The Person You Are!

>> Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Do you ever have Ahhaa   moments.   As you know, I’m a fly by the seat of my pants type of person, so ahhaa moments are part of everyday life for me.   My latest was this morning.  It wasn’t a huge revelation, but enough to change the pattern of my day.    As I was riding to work this morning, listening to 89.7 WMHK, one of the host read the quote of the day.   The quote was  “To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are”   

I said the quote out loud a couple of times, and then my mind was just whirling.   This is something that at one point in my life, I truly struggled with.   I  worried about being different.   I wanted to be prettier, smarter, thinner.   I looked at my life and looked at the lives of my friends and really thought……what’s wrong with me.   Why isn’t my plan working out.  Why am I here and not at the place I think I should be.   For years, I truly prayed ….Lord ,what do I need to change so that you’ll give me this plan.    It took a long time to realize that I was being selfish.  Really selfish.  

Jeremiah 29:11 says " For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."   It’s easy in life (well in my life) to sometimes NOT put my faith in that hope and future.    Remember,  although our purpose is the same (glorify God), the plan for each of our lives is different.   Looking back, I was a child banging my fist and crying out to be just like everyone else.   I wanted to do things my way.   What I’ve learned is that we’re not cut from cookie cutters.   Our lives are suppose to be different.   We are not all alike….our paths take us in different directions.   If I had had my cookie cutter life, I’d never get the opportunities and blessings I have today.   So I celebrate me……well I celebrate how God can and will use me.   

Don’t waste the person you are….get comfortable in your skin…..roll around until your warm and fuzzy.  There is a plan for every moment, so let’s not waste any of them!

8 comments:

Doug February 3, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

Great post. Too bad the RADIO beat me to it this morning!

Keep up the good work!

Kira February 3, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

YOU WERE ON THE RADIO HUN!!! 89.7!!!! They read your blog!!! :)

Anonymous,  February 4, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

My famous sis! I heard you were on the radio. They chose wisely -it's a great blog!
Love Ya! - Daphne

Amy Prikazsky February 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

I LOVE you FOR who YOU are! I'm so thankful for you:) You are perfect and have inspired my life so much!

carissa February 4, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

i am amy's friend... and i really love this post. thank you for reminding us of this Truth!

Unknown February 5, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

WOW,what a blessing! Bask in God's glory, knowing he is using you for his purpose. Thank you!

Anonymous,  February 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM  

Thank for those words that have changed my life today.

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP