>> Thursday, February 25, 2010
I think the world can be divided into two types of people. Those who hug and those who don’t hug. I’m definitely in first category. I really have had no say in the matter, I’m almost certain it’s part of my genetics. My family can hug in every way imaginable. I thought I’d classify a few for you.
- Side Hug - Also known as the one arm hug. This is a quick one arm squeeze around each other’s shoulders
- Big Love Hug – Full on Hug..There’s arms and hands and a big embrace. If kids are involved there’s also a big opportunity for swinging around in a circle
- Kiss & Hug - This is two arm hug that has a kiss at the end.
- Quickie Hug - This is really quick almost no touching hug
- Double Hug - Hug, release, Repeat
- Long Hug – Hug….keep hugging…keep hugging…now squeeze. Mostly seen around grandmothers and great-aunts
- Group Hug – More than two people involved. You get the idea
Since my family has always hugged we sometimes forget what it must be like non-huggers. My sister-in-law, Brandy tells me it’s quite a traumatic experience. Over the years she’s come to know it's just part of the family.
I love her like a sister, and must say that I enjoy “making” her hug me. It’s kind of a joke between us. I’ll walk up and spread my arms out for a Big Love Hug. SHE LOVES IT! Well, at the very least she tolerates it. So where do you fall….are you a hugger or a non-hugger? Let me know!