Parking lots are Against Me!

>> Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Have you ever been watching  a movie and you know it’s going to scare you.    The suspense music is playing, you know that the main character is going to open that door and the bad guy is behind it…just waiting for him.    When watching movies like that my stomach flip flops a little.   I want to yell out an escape plan for the person.   Well……..that’s how I sometimes feel about parking lots.    I hate to admit it but I have a fear.   It is irrational…….I’m smart enough to know there is absolutely no reason to panic……but I do.   I can’t think,  I start to panic a little, no rational thoughts can override the sense of anxiety I feel.   It’s weird and a little funny.   It’s especially funny to the people with me and I’m not so far gone that I can’t laugh about it.   

I guess I have to tell ya.   I’m afraid of losing my car in parking lots.    I’m guessing the fear started when I traveled SO much.   A different car every week…..but it’s not something that has gone away.   I mean some of the scariest moments I face are when I walk out of Wal-mart and stare at the vast unknown parking lot (LOL).    My car could be anywhere……I mean anywhere, and I don’t have one clue where it is.   (hopefully you are laughing with me).  

My friends tease me about this.   They’ll say “Do YOU know where the car is, I forgot”   I respond by saying “ Of course I don’t know where the car is……it’s YOUR job to keep up with the car”   then I’ll panic a little…….get a distressed look on my face and scan the entire parking lot for my car….even though we’re in my friend’s car!!!!   As I stated….this is considered most entertaining to everyone around me.    The funniest incident happened last fall.   I was talking on the phone…just chit chatting away…parked the car….went into  the store and shopped.   I had several bags....as I walked into the parking lot…it hit me.    I had NO clue where the car was.  I wasn’t even sure I came out the  same door that I went into.    I was all alone……no one could help me.   So after I decided I had to put one foot in front of the other,  I started the search.   Now, I know the normal person could just think back to where they parked, but you see my brain will not work in these situations.   I’m in a panic mode.    So   I just started walking……up one aisle….down another.   Suddenly, I saw it.   Not my car, but my friend Tricia.    There she was to rescue me…..I’ve never been so happy to see a minivan.   She pulls up ….opens the door and laughs….she knows exactly what has happened.     Being the friend that she is…we rode around and found my car three rows over!!!   She was my hero that day.     

So if you see me wandering, please stop and help…..the parking lots are against me! 

Pam



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP