Hard Candy Christmas

>> Tuesday, December 22, 2009

This is an old Dolly Parton Christmas song.  It falls into the stereo types for country music for certain.   It’s about someone who has had a bad year.   There are lines in the song like  “I’m barely getting through tomorrow” and  “I won’t let sorrow bring me way down”    I told someone that was complaining about expenses that this year would be a Hard Candy Christmas. …..meaning it’s a year for the cheaper hard candy instead of the more expensive gifts.

Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in the business of this time of year, but we need to remember that whether we have all the money in the world or we are caught up in a hard candy Christmas, we have received the most wonderful gift.  Christmas is Love come down on earth to offer us a gift beyond measure.  The gift of salvation.  I’m amazed at how much my Father loved me, he sent Jesus here to earth.   He was  sent not as a mighty conqueror but as baby, wrapped in swaddling clothes…to be placed in a manger.   He grew up in the meekest of households.   Jesus would certainly understand a hard candy Christmas.    He would also understand the meaning beyond a slim year.   The song holds hope.   No matter what the singer faced during the year, she was going to be hopeful, optimistic……she’s a glass half full kind of person.  

I’ll be spending my Christmas with family and friends surrounded by those that I love the most.   I hope your Christmas will filled with love and happiness, but more than that I pray your Christmas will be filled with the confidence that Jesus is your Lord and Savior.   After all he is the only reason that Christmas is Love.

Merry Christmas!
Pam



1 comments:

Kira December 23, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

You are the best! I love this whole blogging thing! I am making this my morning tradition to read Pam's blog! haha! have a great day!

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP