Jane Austin Fan club.

>> Friday, December 18, 2009

I guess you could consider me a romantic. Not in the sappy, sentimental sense of the word.  I don’t swoon over a prince charming or feel that every story should have a happily ever after ending….but I do enjoy..no love romanticism in literature. Jane Austin is by far my favorite. I’ve read all of her books and find myself re-reading them time and time again. I normally start reading “Pride and Prejudice” in October or November and then continue to read the others throughout the cold months. We don’t have a lot of cold months here in SC, but enough to enjoy a good read.

I love the fact that the heroine has to overcome everyday life to find joy & love. I love that in every story the heroine is confident in herself…she knows who she is. She may make mistakes or draw the wrong conclusions at times, but in the end she is a strong person who knows how to handle herself and any conflicts that may arise. She also wants the right and just outcome to occur……even if this means she may not get the perfect end to her story.

I hope I’m like that in life. I hope I appear confident…sure of myself even if I’m not sure of the circumstances, a strong person who handles problems and conflicts well. I hope in the small decisions I make  that I choose the right and just outcome over the best end for me personally. Proverbs 31:25 – 30 tells of this virtuous woman. I pray that you see these traits in me.

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Pam



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP