Family Vacations

>> Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I thought this would be a perfect topic to write about.  I’ve been back at work for almost 2 entire days, is there any better time to plan a vacation.

Hopefully we all have memories of those family vacations.    I have great memories of spending time with the family mostly at the beach or the lake.    We would ALL pile up in a house for a week every summer.   There was no privacy that week….people were sleeping everywhere.  I remember one house we stayed in, the kitchen table would fold up and the seats would push together to become a bed.   Just to clarify, that’s not where the kids slept….the kids slept on pallets.   We would have a great week of playing in the ocean, riding bikes and hanging out with cousins, aunts and uncles. 

Now back to planning for the family..    I may need to explain the Fam. Vacate to those who may not understand the incantricies that are involved in the planning.   The Brady Bunch (as I like to refer to us) consist of My parents, My sister’s family, my brother’s family, and myself.    We’ve rented a house on the beach and will spend a week together.    I think in the good old days, a house was found and rented…there were no counting of bedrooms and baths.  No viewing of the kitchen or living room to make sure it met requirements.   I think in the old days everyone just accepted what was there.  I’m not sure that was the greatest plan.   I know we had a lot of good times, but we also had a lot of people in very little houses.

Today we check that house out head to toe.   If  I’m paying for a vacation then I need to make sure I’m sleeping in a Bed.   A real bed not a bed made from the kitchen table!    I’m excited about vacation this year…..I’m excited about the kids playing together, about being on the beach, playing games, just general all around family fun.   I hope the fun and crazy things we do are the memories we’ll laugh about for a long time to come.  Plan that Brady Bunch family vacation....you'll be glad you did!  

Pam

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP