Strange and Alarming Fact

>> Monday, January 11, 2010


This morning I learned a strange and alarming fact.   This morning Florence, SC was colder than Antarctica.  It was WOW moment for me.   Enough of a  WOW moment that I went to weather.com to find out the facts.   In truth at 7:50AM this  morning Florence, SC was registering 16degrees.   Antarctica registered 33degrees.   OH MY GOODNESS!!  

Now as I child of the South, this is an alarming and disturbing realization.   We are not made of thick blood.  I'm most happy when the temperature is a low to mid-seventies with partly cloudy skies.   You will not find me complaining at the sweltering days in July and only mentioning the dog days of August.   I will, however; complain and grumble about the cold.   I'm just not cut out for it.

I guess I should explain that Antarctica's seasons are opposite our seasons....so they are in the midst of summer. Can you believe summer and it's 33degrees!     I'm planning on staying warm and dreaming about lazy days that require iced tea to stay cool.    I hope you stay warm too!!!

Pam

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP