Oscar

>> Friday, January 8, 2010


Let me tell you a little about Oscar.  He's my 12lb bob tail cat that thinks he's a 2lb kitten. He's spoiled rotten for certain.   He demonstrates this by ignoring the dry cat food, because he knows he can hold out for the good stuff.   He has also claimed a chair as his and doesn't mind letting others know.  He's a beautiful white cat with 2 gray splotches on his ears.   Now Oscar didn't always have the good life.  When he wondered over to Kenwood he was skin and bones and very afraid of everyone.  I must admit that my first comments were...I don't want a scrawny cat around...BUT as fate would have it he was presistant and his sad little face won me over.

Oscar has taught me something in my Christian walk...what I first thought was unpleasant and ugly has turned out to be beautiful to me.  Our sins are ugly to God...but He loves us enough to die for us.  Romans: 5:8 says "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Imagine how much God loves us.   We are his beautiful creations.  No matter what others may see...we belong to Him and are beautiful.



Oscar was once very afraid...so afraid that petting him was out of the question...it took patience and kindness to win him over. In time Oscar became confident in my love for him.   There is no fear of mistreatment or unkindness.  If only we were as patient and kind to those God has asked us to serve.  Mark 12:29 - 31 says   "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.""
Pam





1 comments:

Amy Prikazsky January 8, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

Excellent post! So encouraging! Sweet little Oscar won me over too:) Love you

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP