Perspectives

>> Monday, March 15, 2010

I love my Ah ha moments.   I had one this weekend and thought you might like to hear about it.   It really begins with a story about a family.   I've "known" this family for a long time and to be honest they are a mess....and by mess I mean they  have trouble. I know we all have things that are troublesome or hard to deal with, but this family just seems to have more than their average share of trouble.  The family consist of Father, Mother, and 2 sons.   Just to give you a few facts:   The Parents waited a long time for children and love their children dearly...but they do have favorites.   This is very obvious and has been a problem since childhood. This is so evident in the family that it causes the brothers to plot against each other about trivial and important things.   The division is so strong that the word hate has been  used between the brothers.  Honestly if given the choice, I think one would seriously hurt the other.   Once it was so bad that the youngest son had to leave home and stayed away from the family a long time.   It took years to reconcile and even then it was a scary time.


So where does my ah ha moment fit in....well this family as messed up as they are (and honestly they make my family seem like the Brady Bunch) was used by God in a mighty way.  You see this family is Issac, Rebekah, Esau, and Jacob (Genesis 25 - 27; 34).  This was the family line that Jesus was born from.   


So my Ah Ha moment, God can use anything, anything for good. (Romans 8:28).   This family was not a horrible family, although they did some pretty horrible things.....that's the point...all of those things that were described above were human things.   Decisions that they made without waiting on God for direction.   WOW...how many times do I decide to make my own decision.   Make it work for me, not even think what I should be doing for God.  


So I'm working on knowing God is in control and this world big world that I live in ...it's all about Him, not me.   I'm also gonna know that even when I mess up, and I will, that He can use that for good.


Have a great week!

2 comments:

Amy Prikazsky March 15, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

You did a great job! I love the new look! Love it!

Alan,  June 30, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

It is great. I love it and you to. That what do you want to be when you grow up story, just cracks me up. Love you, Love you. Signed Alan

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP