A little more than you needed to know

>> Thursday, March 18, 2010

I have these crazy little goals.  Sometimes they are perfectly sensible and sometimes they are a little cooky.  One of my life goals is to spend the night in every state and visit 5 continents.   I've accomplished a good bit of this.   I've actually spent the night (not just set foot) in 31 states and have visited 3 continents.  Here's 5 places I've visited ... hope you enjoy!

5 Places I've visited



New York city, New York
It's maybe my all time favorite city to visit.  Love walking in Time Square, eating in trendy restaurants, going to shows (LOVE THE SHOWS), and walking through china town buying purses off the street.  Who could ask for more.   I'm not sure this is a city I could live in full time..but I sure would like to give it a try.


Jarkarta, Indonesia
Wow,  this is a HUGE city 12 million people live in Jarkarta.  They have two seasons..the hot dry season and the hot wet season.  It's just hot there.  There are people everywhere and they drive motorcycles.  No Joke, more than once I saw a family of 5 on a motorcycle. It takes about 26 hours to get there from SC and I can promise you've not seen anything like it before.  Also,   you will eat food you don't recognize....life can be really exciting..enjoy it!


Montreal, Quebec
Snow, Snow, Snow well  that's mostly what I got to see.  I stayed in a little town called Terrebonne that was picturesque.  Lot's of people talking very quickly in a language I understand very slowly.  It was the first place I tried sushi....loved it. 


Cancun, Mexico
Most people go to Cancun for a holiday.   I went to work.  I learned how to mix cement by hand (rocks, sand, water, stir with a shovel).  Beautiful place, beautiful people.  First place I truly understood that love and compassion could cross any boundaries.   Also, the first time I experienced a nude beach.  Quite a eye opener if you know what I mean.


Winnipeg, Manitoba
This was one of the flattest stretches of land I have ever seen.  You could see for miles.   I was there during the month of October and in case you wondered...IT WAS COLD!!!   Lots and lots and lots of cold wind.   No snow...just wind.  I was there during the Canadian Thanksgiving and got to have Turkey with Yorkshire Pudding..mmm mmm good.


Tell me about places you've visited.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP