Spring into Summer

>> Monday, May 3, 2010

I believe we've skipped over Spring and headed straight to summer.  The days are already hot and humid.   I am looking forward to the family vacation this year.   That's right...the Brady Bunch is going to the beach.  I'm excited....mostly about waking up to the sound of ocean...and walking on the beach..but I'm also excited about spending some quality time with everyone.


It's fair to say that right now, the adults (well the pretend adults) are more excited than the kids.....but to be fair the adults, not the kids, are paying for the trip...so the excitement grows with each dollar saved.  


I get a daily report of the weather and the water temp..from my brother.   I don't know if you translate, but that's what I call excited.  My sister and I have discussed what clothing, chairs, and kid stuff we're taking down.....which means we're excited.

I'm guessing that once we have our toes in that golden sand,  the kids excitement level will far exceed ours.   Some of the things I hope the boys remember are building sand castles, chasing waves, singing in the car just for fun (off tune and off pitch) , finding seashells, playing games, counting stars, and riding bikes.  

It's nice to have those kind of memories..Regardless of all of the fun things....I'll be excited about going to the beach AND I'll be excited about being home again.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP