What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?

>> Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I love the way children’s minds work.  They are open to any and all possibilities.  Anything they can imagine is within the realm of possibility.    I was reminded of this two Sunday’s ago.  My family gets together for Sunday Dinner and this particular Sunday the kids were outside playing.  My sister overheard a VERY serious conversation between three boys ..Alan ( 7), Jacob (6), and Ethan (5). 

Jacob:  “ Alan, What do you want to be when you grow up?”   
Alan:  “I want to be Superman or a Policeman.” 
Alan to Jacob: “ What do you want to be?”  
Jacob: “ I want to be a super ninja.”  
Alan to Ethan: “What do you want to be when you grow up?” 
Ethan: “I want to be God”
Jacob:  “You can’t be God…you gotta pick something that you can really be like a ninja or Superman.“   
Ethan:  “God is stronger and faster than them,  I’m gonna be God.”   

I love this story,   the possibilities are endless to these guys.  They are not limited by what they feel is acceptable by others.  They haven’t imposed any limits on themselves.  The world is available to them and they can be as  strong,  as fast, or as powerful as they wish.   So how does this fit into the work and ministry world that we ALL live in as adults.   Couple of lessons for me.

Don’t forget that we serve a God of possibilities…think outside the box.  What solutions help you accomplish ministry?
Don’t limit ourselves…..everyone has a chance to be a  superhero to someone.  Think about the person who shared Christ with you.   That person is a superhero.

I'll be really excited if we a super ninja in the family.  I'm not sure what benefits they bring, but it will certainly be exciting!

3 comments:

Amy Prikazsky May 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

Too funny! You know what Alan told me the other night when I called to wish him a happy birthday?
He said, "Do me a favor ok? Do me a favor and tell Kaz I said happy birthday will ya? " He acted so grown up! love you

Anonymous,  June 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM  

Love your blog. Awesome wallpaper and name.

--Mark T

Anonymous,  July 6, 2011 at 10:12 PM  

I love to read the story about where me, Jacob, and Ethan discussed what we wanted to be when we grow up. It's soooo funny!

luv you, luv you,
Alan

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP