Seven Year Itch

>> Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It was 7 years ago that I officially became an aunt.  It seems like yesterday that I was rushing to the hospital to see the newest edition to the Griggs clan.   I had a friend who warned me that “Aunt” mode would kick in and it WOULD change my life.   At the time, I wasn’t sure exactly what that meant, but I certainly know what it means today.   Jeremy Alan may have come into this world as tiny little thing (3 lbs 3oz), but he has one of the LARGEST personalities you’ll ever encounter.   He’s has transformed in front of us from a sweet, happy baby to an all American kid.

 
  It makes me happy just seeing him play hard and enjoy life.   No more are the days of rocking him to sleep….he doesn’t need me to hold and cuddle very much anymore….it’s a little sad, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.   I’m so proud of him…he’s super smart, thoughtful, and kind.   Currently he’s missing his two front teeth and has a “wiggly” one of the bottom.   Alan is into everything…one day he’s a fireman, the next a superhero, the next a ninja warrior, and don’t get me started on Bakugan.


At about 2 years old, we took a  family vacation to Edisto and one night I sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star for two hours straight…..this was the only song that  seemed to keep the tears from streaming….small sacrifice for me…not sure about the other people in the car (LOL)

One of my favorite things about him is his imagination.  When he was about 4 yrs old, he had Grandmommy looking for an imaginary rock for about 20 min.   Now Grandmommy had NO idea this rock was imaginary…but it was quite funny when she realized it was.   What’s even more funny is that this imaginary rock was named “drunk”   (we’re still not sure where this name came from)..but we’ve all been riding down the road with Alan when he would yell out from the back seat……”OH NO,  my drunk fell out the window”…..I still chuckle at that one.  I guess you should also know, that I have stopped the car to give “drunk” a chance to get back in the window.  You can laugh, but what would you have done?


Wow, 7 years old.    Almost ready for the 2nd grade.   I can’t believe time has flown by.   I can’t wait for all the fun times we’ll have together.   I have so much fun building forts, racing cars,  playing in sprinklers and all the other things we’ll do.    You make me happy just by being you!!!!   I LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU!!!!

Aunt Pami

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 15, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

I love your blog! I even read the part about Ethan.
Love you, Love you,
Alan

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP